Bladder Control Problems (Urinary Incontinence)
Many people are faced with a number of bladder related complications. Of these, one embarrassing condition is incontinence or bladder control problems. This condition is occasioned by the unexpected and unmanageable flow of urine from your bladder. This is one of the most prevalent conditions especially in the middle and senior years. While bladder problems cut across both genders, women withstand the worst of this syndrome more than men do. By visiting Dr. Simon Barkagan, an expert urologist NY patients will find effective ways to manage their bladder control problems.
Urinary problems such as incontinence are a real threat to men and women. A good number of patients with this condition find their lifestyles limited since they cannot move freely, owing to the unexpected timing when urine flows uncontrollably from a patient’s bladder. Such problems should be refereed to urinary tract specialists or urologists. This specialist is able to examine and treat bladder conditions according to the severity and stage of the condition. An urologist will focus on several examinations. These might include tumour checks, rectal, stool pressure, and general reflex, in cases where a patient might have poor nerve coordination.
Bladder conditions present themselves in several ways. Lack of bladder control for example can be caused by lack of muscle power in the pelvic floor. There is also urge incontinence, which is marked by unintentional flow of urine when you really do not need to pass urine. With overflow incontinence, occasioned by a spastic bladder, patients experiences an unending flow of urine; there is residual urine that keeps flowing even when the urge to urinate is gone.
Other urinary problems such as mixed and structural incontinence could result from fistula in women. Functional bladder control problems are marked by a patient’s inability to discern when to pass urine or when to control it. Even though causes of incontinence cannot be tied to old age only, it is important to identify each slight indicator to get early treatment before the condition relapses into a chain of recurring bladder infections.
Basic Facts About Incontinence:
- Loss of bladder control is a condition that may affect a patient physically though a good number of affected persons suffer from mental and psychological stress.
- Patients living with the condition are likely to lose self esteem, confidence and may end up becoming unproductive.
- The condition presents physical symptoms ranging from sleep deficits, skin irritation, rashes and sores.
- Most patients are stigmatized and continue to live in denial.
- 15-30 percent of the population within the senior citizen bracket seeks bladder incontinence treatment.
- Urinary problems such as Incontinence affects up to 13 million persons in the US alone.
- Bladder conditions affect both genders though a higher percentage is within the aging bracket. Those in this age group also suffer from overactive bladder.
- Incontinence treatable and manageable
When one understands these facts, the next step is to check into an urologist Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, New York clinic. Dr. Simon Barkagan is ready to handle your bladder control problems with the highest level of expertise.